- Arnie Benn
Religion vs Spirituality (audio)
Updated: Nov 3, 2022
I was invited to speak to a group of Jewish high school freshmen and seniors, and to address 5 theological questions. (I was one in a 5-speaker series, addressing the questions from a variety of religious perspectives, after which the students write their own personal theology.)
1. What happened at Mount Sinai?
2. What happens after we die?
3. How does God act in the world?
4. What is the meaning of prayer and mitzvot (observances)?
5. Why do bad things happen to good people?
I also address the concepts of:
survival instinct, emotion & group-think
free will, and the definition of the kind of free will we humans actually have.